UAN Registration Process, Login, EPFO UAN Activation, “How to Generate UAN & Check Status?”
Table of Content
When employee start their first work at that time a 12-digit unique number will be provided. UAN makes it simple to use all of the PF’s online services. It is a platform that allows users to manage various PF accounts from a single location. The UAN Login, UAN Registration Process, EPFO Activation, and all the other information will be mentioned in depth in this blog.
What is UAN (Universal Account Number)?
Employee who contributes to the EPF (Employee Provident Fund), will assigned a 12-digit UAN number. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization generates and distributes it, and the Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India, authenticates it. An employee UAN will remain the same throughout his or her life.
EPFO issues a new member identification number or Employer Provident Fund Account connected to the UAN whenever an employee changes jobs. By submitting the UAN to a new employer, an employee can seek a new member ID. Once the process related to the employee ID is completed, employee UAN is linked with it. As a result, the UAN will serve as a single point of contact for the employee’s many member IDs assigned by various employers.
Advantages of UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Employee data is centralized across the country with the help of the UAN.
- One of the most important use of this unique number is that it relieves the EPF organization of the burden of employee verification from enterprises and employers.
- EPFO was able to extract the member’s bank account details and KYC without the involvement of the employer’s thanks to this account.
- It can help in keeping track of the employees’ repeated changes in employment
- The number of untimely and early EPF withdrawals has decreased significantly, with the implication of UAN.
Benefits of UAN to Employee
- For employee it will be easy to withdraw the amount with the help of this UAN account number.
- It will ensure that the number of employees cannot be held by their employer.
- For employees it is easy to guarantee that their employer will contribute to their PF account on a regular basis.
- Every provident fund account comes under the roof of a single unified Account.
- It is easy for the employee to transfer the PF (Provident Fund) balance with the UAN number.
UAN Registration Process
If a company has 20 or more employees and an employee joins the service sector for the first time, the employer must have the UAN generated for him. If the employee has a UAN assigned to him by his prior employer, he must provide the information to his new employer. The employer must take the following procedures to obtain a new Universal Account Number for the employee
- Login to EPF Employee Portal
- Click on the register individual under the Member Section
- Enter details such as employee PAN(Permanent Account Number), bank details, Aadhar, etc.
- Click on the Approval Section
- EPFO generates a new UAN, which the employer can use to link the employee’s PF account to her or his UAN.
Documents required for EPFO UAN Activation
The following documents are required for UAN number at the time of registration and activation:
- Branch Name, Account number, and IFSC code are all required.
- The PAN card should be connected to the UAN.
- In order to opt for a UAN, the bank account and mobile number that is linked to the Aadhaar card is required
- If necessary, any other forms of identification or proof of address need to be attached.
UAN Login: How can I use my UAN to activate and log in to the EPFO member portal?
- Go to the EPFO webpage and click on ‘For Employees’ on the dashboard under ‘Services.’
- Select ‘Member UAN/Online services’ from the services menu. The UAN gateway will be opened for you.
- Under essential links, select ‘Activate UAN.’ Enter your UAN/member ID/PAN/Aadhaar number, as well as your name, DOB, mobile number, and email address (if available) and the captcha characters.
- To obtain an authorization PIN, click the ‘Get authorization PIN’ option. The PIN will be sent to the phone number you provided during registration.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ under the disclaimer option, then enter the OTP sent to your registered phone number and click on Validate OTP and Activate UAN.
The process to Check UAN Status
- Go to the EPF member portal and click on the ‘For employees’ tab on the dashboard under the ‘Services’ button.
- In the ‘Services’ area, select UAN Online Service (OCS/OTCP).
- In the ‘Important Links’ area, click the link ‘Know your UAN status.’
- Enter the member ID, PAN, PF, or Aadhaar number, as well as other essential information such as name, date of birth, phone number, and email address. After that, type in the captcha characters.
- From the drop-down menu Select “Get Authorization Pin”.
- Your registered mobile number will receive a PIN. After that, you must validate the PIN by clicking the ‘Validate OTP and obtain UAN’ button.
- At the last step of the process, your UAN number and UAN status will be delivered to you at your registered mobile number.
FAQs on UAN (Universal Account Number)
1. When I change employment, would my employer deduct my EPF balance?
When you change employment, employer cannot deduct any amount from the EPF balance it will transferable across all qualifying employers.
2. Is a person PAN number linked with UAN?
Yes, your PAN will linked with your UAN (Universal Account Number)
3. Is it necessary for me to withdraw my EPF balance once I retire?
There is no requirement to withdraw the whole amount from the EPF. However, after three months of no payments, interest will not be accrued on the accumulated sum.
4. Who allots Universal Account Number (UAN)?
When an employee joins the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the EPFO assigns UAN.
5. Can I have more than one UAN?
No, each employee is only allowed one UAN, which can be transferred to any eligible company.
This blog will explain all you need to know about the EPF UAN. We hope that this post has helped you comprehend the notion of UAN. The processes in the EPF UAN Registration Process and activation, as well as how to find out your UAN, and information on PF registration number.
Leave a Comment